HEAT AND FROST INSULATORS & ALLIED WORKERS LOCAL 89 TRENTON / ATLANTIC CITY APPRENTICE TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT
APPLICATION FOR APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING FOR INSULATORS:
Will be available at Local #89 Union Hall located at 1502 South Olden Ave, Trenton, NJ.
Applications may be picked up Monday October 2nd, 2017 through Friday October 6th, 2017 then the following week Monday October 9th through Friday October 13th, 2017. For each of these days applications will be available for pick up, Monday and Wednesday 1pm-6pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am-3pm.
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY IN PERSON!
Each apprentice must serve a five (5) year apprenticeship which consists of 9,000 hours of on the job training and 720 hours of class room / hands on training. The class room / hands on training is provided in our Training Center located in Trenton, NJ at the Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local 89 Union Hall. The Heat and Frost Insulators Local 89 Apprentice Training Program is registered with the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR LOCAL 89 APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- Must be 18 years old with Birth Certificate or other documented proof
- High school diploma and transcript or G.E.D. certificate
- Physical exam (paid by applicant) and drug test (paid by Local 89)
- Must appear for interview when notified
- Must be a bona fide resident of Local 89’s geographical area for at least 1 year. Area includes all of the following counties: Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland and Mercer in New Jersey. Area includes parts of the following counties: Burlington, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, and Warren in New Jersey.
Local 89’s area also includes parts of Bucks County in Pennsylvania.
- Applicants must apply in person, prior applicants must resubmit all papers
- Must hold a valid drivers license
- Must supply two (2) letters of recommendation
Recruitment, selection, training and employment are without discrimination of race, sex, color, national origin, or religion. E.O.E.
Any questions please call C.J. Gesemyer, Apprentice Administrator, 609-587-8905